My Acer Aspire notebook display

Options
jennywren635
jennywren635 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hallo,

I have been happily using my Aspire for some months

this week I decided to try and increase the size of the test. I could only find 2 sizes - one smaller than what

I had so had to leave it.......

But while trying to find out how to increase the size I messed up my display and all the background is white now

with a lot of things not showing.

How can I get the original default display settings please?

If you can show me how to increase size of text - fine!

but I do not understand much and don't want to lose my display again

thanks for help

Jenny

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

need to know what computer model and what operating system

• jennywren635
    jennywren635 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks, it's anAcer Aspire 5750

It's strange really,  I managed to get the picture back and with a larger type.   The first main site pictures are ok,

when I have to login (like with my bank account) - I get this totally white screen with words missing.  I have to guess the place where to type and login

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

If this is just happening while you're on the internet try hitting CTRL + 0. This will allow you to return to normal zoom.

If it's Windows in general that's zoomed in, I would suggest going back to your display settings and returning the resolution to normal. There is actually an option to make text larger and smaller in Windows without messing around with your resolution.

To do this go to start menu and click control panel. Look for appearance, under that menu is modify system resolution. Click on resolution and select whichever option says Recommended. Now click apply to save your changes.

On this same screen there is text at the bottom in blue writing. Click on "Make text and other elements larger or smaller" - or something like that, I'm kind of flying blind here.

There will be radio buttons that let you select small, medium or large. Choose whichever works best for you and click ok.

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.