M5-583P WiFi Problems

abristow
abristow Member Posts: 2 New User

I got a new Acer Aspire M5-583P Touchscreen LapTop, and i'm having major connection issues with my wifi. I noticed when i started playing League of Legends online on my new laptop, i would have major ping issues where it would go up and down. i had a dell laptop before this that i used to play on, and NEVER had any problems like this. I installed the latest LAN driver and am still having issues with this. If it is any use, the router is a Cisco.

Answers

• PatoBB
    PatoBB Member Posts: 12 New User

If it comes with Windows 8, this could be the issue. 

I think that there is something wrong with Win8 regarding wifi connectivity. Just check how many problems users of S3 ultrabooks had... 

• abristow
    abristow Member Posts: 2 New User

weeird, i chatted with a support guy frmo Acer and they said that the wirless adapter has probably gone bad, which is stupid since i got this laptop two days ago. what a joke.

• k5r2an
    k5r2an Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey! I had the same problem with the same laptop and I think I found out how to fix it!

1. Press Windows Button + R

2. Type in "devmgmt.msc"

3. Click "OK"

4. Expand "Network adapters"

5. Right-click "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter"

6. Select "Disable" and restart!

Lemme know if this works for ya~

• k5r2an
    k5r2an Member Posts: 2 New User

On top of disabling the Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter, you might wanna check this out also: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034535.htm

Intel® Wi-Fi Products

TechNote: Sporadic wireless disconnects caused by data reordering issue

What is the Data Reordering Issue?

The data reordering issue causes intermittent WiFi connection loss and application hangs on Windows 8* platforms.

Resolving the Issue:
    Update to Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 16.6.0.

This discussion has been closed.