2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
lefty2053

Lost Recovery Partition on Acer aspire 5515. What can I do?

Went to order Recovery disks and I tried entering the S/n and also tried the SNID numbers. Neither one would work. Any ideas?

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Lost Recovery Partition on Acer aspire 5515. What can I do?

Can you describe what you mean by "Neither one would work," ?

Did you get an error?

What does it say?

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
krimage

I got the same thing when you put the SNID or Serial Number it states there is nothing for that number.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

If you are going to the United States site and entering the serial or SNID of a unit sold in another part of the world, it may not find a matching serial number.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Frequent Visitor
mbuyam

[ Edited ]

Hi, is the number at the back of the laptop (on a pink sticker that is under the battery) the serial # / SNID?  I inputted that and got an error message "No RCD available for the entered Serial Number."  Acer Aspire 5515 Windows Vista

If so, what next?  I am desperate

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: