2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

New Visitor
schoolermom

Laptop screen display stays blank after power on.

My Acer Aspire 1691WLMi powers on (or at least appears to), but then nothing... the screen remains blank and there is no sound from hdd or fans. After a few seconds, hdd light turns off, so I don't know if it's a screen/ video card problem or hdd problem. The OS is XP sp2, laptop is undocked, battery has full charge A/C power is also connected same issue present with/witout battery or A/C. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Laptop screen display stays blank after power on.

Make sure your backlight is turned on by pressing FN + F6. If that does not resolve your issue, I would recommend you contact Acer support for your region to inquire about setting your unit up for service.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: