Laptop running slow

CrystalG
CrystalG Member Posts: 1 New User

I need help.My son laptop is running so slow.He has so much on it.Can someone tell me how to wipe it clean and start fresh?? Also My battery wasnt charging so I bought new charger it works but now there is a connection problem were you plug charger into laptop because you can wiggle it and it will start charging if you will hold it in that position but alert says need new battery..HELP PLEASE

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi CrystalG

To wipe clean your laptop, Restart and press ALT & F10 together when you see the Acer Logo screen. This will take you into the eRecovery program. Remember to backup any documents/pictures etc beforehand, as the procedure will erase everything.

However, if you have a problem with the charger not connecting properly, you may be unable to do this, as it requires mains power and not battery power. Try it and see - it will let you know if it is not possible!

If the battery is at fault (and not the charger), then it should work. Does the socket you plug the charger into seem loose? If it does, then it will need to be taken in for repair.

Also, some "compatible" chargers are not that compatible. It may just be "not the right fit" for your laptop. However, if it is definitely the right one, then it may be the socket.

As for the battery alert, your battery is probably close to dying. Then you may also need to replace that too.

This discussion has been closed.