Is there any way to contact acer out of warranty for newly purchased restore disk problems.

mawil1013
mawil1013 Member Posts: 14 New User

Is there any way to contact acer out of warranty for newly purchased restore disk problems.

I recieved a restore disk today that I bought directly from acer for $20 and have not been able to figure out if there is any way at all to contact acer about the function of it. My laptop is past warranty but I just now paid for a restore disk set.

The instructions say that upon intial flash during reboot press the F12 key but that doesn't do a single thing. 

I'm thinking my only recourse is to send snail mail, does anyone have that?

Is there a no pay phone number?

Is there a no pay email?

I was unable to Chat as it asks for your serial number then if it sees your out of warranty, doesn't allow Chat, even though you just paid for a restore disk set.

Answers

• supersaiyajiin
    supersaiyajiin Member Posts: 6 New User
  • fredmgb
    fredmgb Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi. Have you resolved the issue yet? If not. Here’s the number to contact them below. I just finished chatting with one of Acer technical support staff and below is a quote from our chat. Hope it’ll help.

“Please contact our Acer Premium Technical Support on 0800 107 1109. It is a toll free number and the initial diagnosis will be free of cost. This department is well trained to handle software issues and the service is available 24X7.”

Lastly, did you buy your ‘Restore Disk’ online? If you did, can you be kind enough to give me the link to the page/site? Or let me know how you got it

Thanks

• fredmgb

Sorry I forgot…regarding your comment here:

“The instructions say that upon intial flash during reboot press the F12 key but that doesn't do a single thing.”

As far as I know and with my experience using Acer PCs and reading through their manuals, the keys to use when you want to BOOT your system ‘Acer’ are@

“ALT + F10” keys.

Hold down the ‘ALT’ key and press F10 key CONTUESLY while the screen is showing Acer logo. If you miss it while the system is showing Acer logo, turn off your PC and start over again.

Hope that helps…

• mawil1013
    mawil1013 Member Posts: 14 New User

fredmgb wrote:

Hi. Have you resolved the issue yet? If not. Here’s the number to contact them below. I just finished chatting with one of Acer technical support staff and below is a quote from our chat. Hope it’ll help.

“Please contact our Acer Premium Technical Support on 0800 107 1109. It is a toll free number and the initial diagnosis will be free of cost. This department is well trained to handle software issues and the service is available 24X7.”

Lastly, did you buy your ‘Restore Disk’ online? If you did, can you be kind enough to give me the link to the page/site? Or let me know how you got it

Thanks

Is that telephone good here in USA? I ask because it looks odd.

• fredmgb

Hi... I don't know if it's good from the US. You should give it a trial and if it doesn't go through, you have nothing to loose. Am currently in Italy now so I can't tell if you can use the # from US.

And thanks for the link you sent me. I appreciate.

This discussion has been closed.