Iconia w510 - Keyboard, Touchpad, Driver Power State Failure

yvanvw
yvanvw Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have an Iconia W510 for a week now, and I have several problems (latest updates of 10 Feb 2013 have been applied through the live updater software).

• Keyboard: sometimes when I type, random keys are not "entered" in Windows. Is it a hardware problem?
  • Touchpad: it is sometimes jumpy especially when I click on a button. I have already read the thread about the problem, but I don't encouter all the problems described here. I guess this is a driver / firmware problem.
  • I deactivated the Power Savings mode of the wifi card, because it could not fully connect to the network after a logon (limited connection). This has solved the problem of the limited connection but has created a new problem when I want to shutdown the device. I get a BSOD with the message Driver Power State Failure, and it restarts, so I cannot shutdown the device except if I activate again the Power Savings mode of the wifi card. I guess this is a driver problem.

Any help would be welcome.

Thank you

Yvan

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

If your keyboard keys are not displaying each time they are pressed, you may have a hardware problem that requires service. In regards to your wireless issue, you may try loading the latest wifi driver at http://www.acer.com, click on Support, then Drivers and Manuals.

This discussion has been closed.