Iconia W510P touchscreen keyboard - no text prediction!

wombat
wombat Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello all,

I've recently bought the Iconia W510P and overall I'm happy with it. I have one problem though I seem unable to solve - the touchscreen (the one you can get to by swiping or clicking on the taskbar, not the on-screen keyboard you find in the accessibility menu) doesn't seem to have text prediction or spelling correction. I've gone to the PC settings and ticked all the boxes so it should work, but it doesn't. It doens't make any sense because the language panel does work (for example, when I added another language it appeared immediately), it seems to be specifically text prediction and even when I tried to download another keyboard - I believe it was touchpal - it did the same thing unless I told it to provide text prediction when using the physical keyboard as well (which was just annoying). 

Any idea? I'm really at a loss with it! Have so far disabled and enabled the keyboard, tried other keyboards, installed all the recent Win updates and even considered using the on-screen keyboard instead, but this is pretty clunky when I'm in tablet mode and want the keyboard to pop up when I tough a text box. HELP please - and thanks Smiley Happy

Answers

• wombat
    wombat Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone?? Pleeeease help... this is making me sad Man Indifferent

I can't be the only one having this issue?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,311 Trailblazer

You will have to ask Microsoft about it, not us... They wrote the OS and that keyboard is part of the OS.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.