2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
cheriebaby

INITIATED ACER RECOVERY TO RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS.....NETBOOK WENT DEAD!!

IF ANYONE CAN HELP, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.  I HAVE HAD THE ACER ASPIRE ONE A0A150 FOR FOUR YEARS, AND WANTED TO RESTORE NETBOOK TO FACTORY SETTINGS BEFORE GIVING IT TO MY FRIEND.  I CLICKED ON THE ACER RECOVERY ICON AND CHOSE THE OPTION TO RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND THEN PRESSED OK.  THE NETBOOK WENT BLACK AFTERWARDS AND NOW NOTHING COMES ON THE SCREEN.  THE POWER LIGHT IS ON...THE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED, BUT THERE IS NO MENU OR ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN...IT IS JUST DEAD.  EVEN WHEN I PUT ON THE POWER, THE LIGHT COMES ON AND YOU HEAR THE FAN GOING, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS!!  WHEN I TRY TO SHUT OFF THE NETBOOK, I AM UNABLE TO DO IT UNLESS I REMOVE THE BATTERY BECAUSE THE NETBOOK WILL NOT SHUT OFF OTHERWISE.  

THE NETBOOK WAS WORKING FINE BEFORE I ATTEMPTED TO RESTORE THE NETBOOK TO FACTORY SETTINGS.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED OR WHAT I CAN DO??  THANKS SO MUCH.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: INITIATED ACER RECOVERY TO RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS.....NETBOOK WENT DEAD!!

Do you have a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the screen?

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: