I was prompted to do an upgrade on my Iconia Tab A500. The upgrade was for ICS 4.0.3 Now no video?

Options
breezer00
breezer00 Member Posts: 3 New User

I was recently prompted to perform an upgrade on my A500. The upgrade was for ICS 4.0.3. Now I cannot play video, with the exception of YouTube. Warranty ran out in the middle of November. Technically the tablet is not broken, but it was the upgrade that made the tablet useless for my purposes. Please advise.

Answers

• cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Options

What happens when you try to play a video?

• breezer00
    Options

I get a message box that says: Error - could not play video. I did a google search of this problem and got some links. None of the links was helpful enough to solve my problem.

• cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Options

are you just using the default video player to play videos?

• breezer00
    Options

The app I use most often is At Bat from which I access my MLB TV account to watch both live and videos of previously played MLB Baseball games. When I tried to access the video of the last game of the World Series, I got the error message I posted earlier.

I also cannot access videos from the stock browser and Firefox. The only browser that somewhat works is Dolphin. I have removed and reinstalled Flash player a couple of times, as per suggestions from some of the links I mentioned. All my efforts so far have failed.

This discussion has been closed.