I'm going to have to reboot. I don't have original disks. I do have disks to download everything to

Options
jumper90
jumper90 Member Posts: 1 New User

save during reboot. It's an Acer Aspire 7551-3464 Home Edition 64 bit. I've had it 2 years with no problems. On 4-14-13, I lost the ability to install, or open files, my speech recognition disappeared, my web cam stopped working, it just stopped. I went through everything and all systems checked out but something happened. Skydrive showed up. So that's most the 411 on what happened. I'm waiting on the DVD-R Verbatim disks to arrive and then I'll begin. I'm 63 and I know a little about computers but this has me stumped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can't even get run to come up. An adobe page 'all black' appears basically saying it's not there. I can download but not install...anything.  Microsoft just made me laugh when they said, download this...After I'd just said "I can't install".

I was sitting at my computer using speech recognition late that night and then the next morning it was gone. No icon, nothing. And I began to see other things were missing. Then skydrive filled my screen. I went to add/remove. I couldn't uninstall it. Silverlight was gone. Silverlight will not install into windows 7. So I am stuck with skydrive, which I believe started all this, but I could be wrong.  Each day, I find something else is gone, today my Adobe flash drive went bye bye as I watched Hulu so it's reboot time. Wish me luck.

This discussion has been closed.