2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
anu_7665

I cannot install windows 8 on my laptop V5 431 tried a lot, it seems that i have waste my money

Your product Acer is useless

Valued Leader
freeza

Re: I cannot install windows 8 on my laptop V5 431 tried a lot, it seems that i have waste my money

Good day

1. What error message are you getting?

2. Try installing while the  SATA mode is set to AHCI or IDE.

Regards,

Freeza

Visitor
yogietampan

Re: I cannot install windows 8 on my laptop V5 431 tried a lot, it seems that i have waste my money

i have the problem same too , PC ran Error , _irql_not_less_or_equal and error 0xc0000001

how to fix the problem

Thanks

Contributing Member
Pholister

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that anisin84's solution described here
http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Notebooks-Netbooks/Cannot-Install-windows-8-on-Brand-newAO-725/m-p...
solves the problem. The error is caused by an incompatibility of the Atheros Wifi card installed in the affected Acer models with the default driver that comes with Windows 8. Removing the card during install, updating the Atheros W-Lan driver via a download from another computer once Windows 8 is running, then replacing the card and rebooting twice is the fix.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Note, however, that opening your device may void your warranty. Make sure you know what you are doing!

Visitor
BinRip

i have the same problem too , PC ran Error , _irql_not_less_or_equal and error 0xc0000001...But i try to install windows 7  it works fine..i got this same Error in 2 accer laptops when i try to install windows 8 pro...can anyone help me to fix this problem....

Regular Visitor
Prototyped4life

Thanks Pholister!!This worked for me on my Acer Aspire E1-531!!!!Hell yeah!!!!!!:smileylol: 

Im so happy that this issue is gone now!

Visitor
phivinapeo

how install?

Regular Visitor
ejtnaj

I had this same problem too on my V5 431P. I did manage to install Windows 8, by downloading the Atheros Wifi driver and adding this to the Windows 8 installation. For details on this, visit: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/windows-8-clean-install-error-0xc0...

Now Windows 8 runs just fine, except for one thing: the vga driver doesn't work. I run into this problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JOIdAK4kS4. Does anybody have a solution to this?

Visitor
unais007

i have the problem same too , PC ran Error , _irql_not_less_or_equal and error 0xc0000001

how to fix the problem

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: