This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
Hommel

How to replace graphic card Aspire 5920G?

Visitor
Hommel

Re: How to replace graphic card Aspire 5920G?

Oops... I forgot to write my text.....

My ACER Aspire 5920G is provided with the Nvidea GeForce 8600M GT Graphics card. I have high evidence that this is defective so I have te replace it.

I opened the bottom of the laptop (after having removed the battery) and I think to have identified the card: the metal part under the yellow-copper shaft that extends alongside the processor fan. The WiFi "Antenna" is situated above this cage. This card is attached with 4 screws. After removing those the metal cage can not be taken out so I shall have to do more than I did up to now.

Can anybody help me by elucidating this question?

Leader
HK53T

I think the card is probably part of the motherboard and would require a complete motherboard replacement.  I haven't seen seperate video cards, like in a desktop, on notebook is years and years.

Visitor
erjanovich

Just use diassamble manual from acer or look for it in youtube

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: