How do i get REAL out of warranty help from acer for my tablet? Answers by Acer said they can't help

Denyz
Denyz Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought a refurbished Acer A500 tablet in December 2012 at best buy of Yonkers, ny. About two or three months later it started to act strange. It would turn off on its own and then it stopped turning on. And when it does turn on it freezes on the lock screen. I am aware that it is out of warranty and you do not offer support. But I have tried answers by Acer and they said that they can't help me if my tablet doesn't turn on. They told me to contact Acer but I can't even get a customer service agent to take my phone call. I have tried to take it to other technicians including best buy geek squad and no one can figure out what's wrong with it and they all told me to contact Acer and that they should repair it if it is a defective product even if it is out of warranty. I now understand why the previous owner returned it. I would really appreciate it if someone can contact me with help. I have been trying to get it fixed for almost a year already and haven't been able to. It is frustrating to have spent $350.00 usd on something I was not even able to use for a long time. so I am asking PLEASE help me.

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

well have you tried a software reset on the unit yet??

• Denyz

yes I have. And now my tablet doesnt even turn on. Smiley Sad I don't know what else to do. How can I get real help? I keep getting a machine that tells me to contact answers by acer bc my tablet is out of warranty. But answers by acer told me i would need to return it back to acer and they gave me

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

well genrally if a refurbished unit is sold it is sold with a 90days warranty. I would contact Acer to see if they may be able to help point you in the direction you need to go in.

• Denyz

I have been trying to get help. but all the numbers i have take me to the machine that asks for my snid and then it tells me my product is out of warranty and gives me answers by acer's number.

• janifr71784
    janifr71784 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have been having similar problems. I bought my Acer a 500 from a rental place in town. I had to have it sent for repairs about a month after I got it, because the display was flipping backwards. after I got it back, the display no longer flipped but it cuts off on its own and when I turn it back on it vibrates like its restarting but the display won't actually come on. It has been sent back 3 times since the initial repair and it's still doing the same thing. I am at a total loss as to what to do from here. I just got it back yesterday and its already cutting off. I'm afraid if i allow anyone else besides the company that I bought it from that my warranty will be void and if anything further happens I won't be able to get it fixed. please let me know if you can help me figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.