How do I get the 12 Gogo passes that come with the Acer C7?

BogleheadsGuide
BogleheadsGuide Member Posts: 6 New User

I purchased an Acer C7, and was supposed to get 12 Gogo wifi inflight passes. There was no apparent way to retrieve the passes on the Acer, so I contact Acer CS. They replied that it's a google offer, but there is no link or any indication of how one goes about getting the passes after buying an eligible device (the C7 is on the list). Anyone figured out who to contact at google? Can you provide a link?

TIA for any help.

Mel

Answers

• suniljp
    suniljp Member Posts: 166 Troubleshooter

You will find the details in the below link.

http://www.google.co.in/intl/en/chrome/devices/goodies.html#gogo-faq

• BogleheadsGuide
    Thanks, but I had already seen that. However, there are no details about registering after making the purchase and being a confirmed buyer so that you're already in the system when you board the plane. That's not something that can normally be done in flight when there would have to be last-minute coordination between me, Acer, google and Gogo.
  • suniljp

You can find the list of participating airlines and the steps how to activate the Gogo while you are in the flight.

You can get access to the gogo network in any of those airlines which is listed in the link below. Once you get connected to the gogo network you can sign up and login to Gogo.

For more details you can refer the below link or contact Gogo live help

http://www.gogoair.com/gogo/cms/airlines.do

• BogleheadsGuide
    Thanks again, but I'm asking how I get my 12 free passes that were promised with my C7 so that I can use them when I travel on one of the airlines that have Gogo. Knowing who has it who and how to connect really isn't the problem. Rather, I want to make sure I'm in their system so I can use my passes without having to pay when I log on.
  • suniljp

Once you get your chrome book connected to any GogoInflight” WiFi network. Open your browser and follow the instructions.

When you first bring up a new browser window, a splash overlay will appear stating how many unused credits remain on your Chromebook along with a prompt to redeem one of your passes.It will automatically detect the pass once you are in flight.

It is a simple two-step process; once you have opened a new browser window in flight, the splash overlay will appear with the prompt to redeem one of your unused codes.  Clicking on that link will take you to the activation page with a simple captcha code to activate our service.  Once you have solved the captcha puzzle you will be able to browse.

• BogleheadsGuide
    Thanks for sticking with me on this. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that Gogo can automatically detect that I own a Chromebook that's entitled to the 12 free passes without any advance work on my part. If so, that's great. But that would also seem to mean that I couldn't allow my wife to use one of the 12 passes on her iPad?

Again, I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Mel
  • suniljp

Its not transferable. It can only be used with the acer chrome book as it work with the Wi-Fi card MAC address.

This is how it works.

When you're in flight and after you connect up to the Wi-Fi,gogo system will recognize your Chromebook based on it's MAC address and will ask if you'd like to connect for free.

• BogleheadsGuide
    That's super. Thanks for working me thru the process. I was just concerned that you had to go thru some pre-certification process before you could use the passes, but you've explained the process perfectly. I owe you one!
This discussion has been closed.