How can you imporove it? - Be like Vodafone :)

MickFlan
MickFlan Member Posts: 2 New User

Simples,

Copy the leaders in the market place, Hewlett Packard, Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse

Provide a couple of your own staff to monitor the forums and help out with replies.

Posted a message 17 hours ago and no-one has yet responded to it...

Answers

• Dsurian
    Dsurian Member Posts: 63 Troubleshooter

Unfortunately, you just compared Acer to exceptionally large and relatively devious business' - but I agree with your point.

Especially with the ability to 'ask a question' closing down as of yesterday, and the support chat requiring an S/N, the community lacks significant support staff from Acer themselves. This needs to change, and hopefully it will in the near future...

Good example - just came across the little known specification of a computer monitor screen's 'finish' (matte vs glossy), thanks to a curious individual on the monitor forum. Turns out, this relatively important piece of information is incredibly hard to come by. Almost no manufacturer has it specified on their spec-sheet, nor does any online retailer. So, I tried contacting the manufacturers concerning specific monitors - there seems to be no particular standard, but at least Acer's competitors could answer (ASUS, LG, etc. - notably via chat, without S/N restrictions). Concerning Acer's monitors, I can't ask through chat without buying the monitor first, the 'ask a question' couldn't answer without an S/N for some reason (and I likely won't recieve an answer at this point), and the community obviously can't possibly have an informed general opinion concerning something that isn't public knowledge - so exactly how am I supposed to go about finding out this information?

TL;DR - get more Acer staff forum-side...

This discussion has been closed.