2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
bolioli

Help! Windows 7 UEFI Install Hangs on first loading screen Acer Aspire V5-571

Hi all I hope someone can help.

I am attempting to install windows 7 on a factory windows 8 V5-571.

I have followed tutorials to build a UEFI bootable USB and tried 2 different 64 bit versions of windows 7. Every Ocassion I try to install it will freeze on the first windows loading screen.

Other info:

The secure boot has been removed.

I have attempted to use the original media the usb files were taken from and booted in lagacy mode just fine.

I have tried both a 4Gb and a 32 Gb USBs

The BIOS is on the latest version

Any help is very much appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Help! Windows 7 UEFI Install Hangs on first loading screen Acer Aspire V5-571

With Legacy mode enabled instead of UEFI, you should not have a problem recognizing bootable media, like Windows 7 optical media.

You may be running into an issue with the GPT formatted drive and how it allocates space and a buffer partition which "hides" the information for the drive.

If you have a set of factory recovery media, just in case you want to return to Windows 8, I would then remove the partitions from the hard drive and start from an empty drive.  Windows 7 should then be able to create it's own partitions and install without issues.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: