Hard drive is **bleep**ed

Exscalibur
Exscalibur Member Posts: 27 New User
Hi!
I have a V3-571g and its hard drive is **bleep**ed. I cant access programs and I cant revert windows to a earlier version. I cant do **bleep** actually. Any ideas? It worked fine yesterday. Until i did windows update with shutdown after and turned off internet before it was finished.

Answers

• Exscalibur
    Oh and i can't enter BIOS with F2 F11 or F12
  • Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

The good news is that you're most likely to have a software problem and don't need to buy a new hard drive. Does the flash screen with the Acer logo come on? If it does, what does the screen do next?

There is a universal cure that sometimes works. Turn off your rig, unplug it, and remove the battery. Then hold the Start button down for sixty seconds. That MIGHT straighten out your BIOS. Put it back together and turn it on. If it still doesn't work, give us the information I asked for at the beginning of this post and I'll see if I can figure it out.

• Exscalibur
    Yes the logo screen comes up. After that comes auto repairing, that doesnt work. So i get some advanced options: "Renew" the PC, Factory settings or revert to a earlier version. None of them works. Factory settings is my last option
  • Exscalibur
    And i can enter BIOS btw
  • Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Anything is possible, but the most likely explanation is that you turned off the internet while downloading the Windows upgrade. If that's only a co'incidence, or perhaps the final straw, then your hard drive has failed and it doesn't matter what you do. I would go for the factory settings. If that doesn't work, I would take it to a repair shop.

• Exscalibur
    Well i did the "renew" the PC option. But bow the PC i struggling to show my dashboard and etc.
This discussion has been closed.