This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
peachyveitchy

HDMI stopped working on Aspire S5

Hi there,

hope someone can help - I plug my S5 into an external monitor using the HDMI adapter provided with the S5 - it's always worked fine in the past... however went to plug in today and nothing comes up on the monitor.

I've tried to troubleshoot - I plugged the laptop into the tv with a cable I know works and still no output, so must be a problem with the HDMI port on the laptop - given the laptop is relatively new, well looked after, and USED to work fine, I don't have any reason to believe it's hardware related, I think that something must have happened to the driver, maybe when windows updated as these happen automatically and I've read that people upgrading to Windows 8 pro have had HDMI problems.

When I plug the HDMI adapter in, it's not being recognised by the S5 - I've tried playing around with the windows settings - but it won't detect a monitor, and when tweaking the Intel settings also doesn't recognise the external monitor...

I've tried to find the driver, but there is no specific HDMI driver I don't think - I downloaded the VGA intel driver from the acer website thinking it might help, re-installed, but again no joy..

... not sure what else I can try...? any ideas appreciated!

Acer Aspire S5

Windows 8 (standard that comes with laptop)

Many thanks

Leader
HK53T

Re: HDMI stopped working on Aspire S5

HDMI would be though video driver

if port does not work, need to call for service center - Contact technical support in your region - Acer Service and Support

Regular Visitor
peachyveitchy

thanks - I have emailed them now... am guessing by the lack of responses this isn't a common fault

dd051959

I am having the same problem with my Aspire if you get an answer please do share and I will do the same.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: