First time doing clean Windows 7 install on my Acer Aspire 7500g, quick question about drivers.

perseverus
perseverus Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello there!

I just performed a clean install on my Acer Aspire 7500g and I was just hoping someone could clarify something about installing drivers. 

I have found the approriate drivers at: 
http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/drivers

I was just wondering if the drivers listed for my model are the only ones I need or should I be seeking out more drivers? Do I need to download the BIOS files as well? Is there a packaged version of these drivers that I could download?

If someone could answer any/all questions that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

perseverus

Answers

• jlde2001
    jlde2001 Member Posts: 2 New User

The drivers listed are typically what you need to get back up and going. I just did the same last night for laptop and I'm back up and running. Every once in awhile a driver may not do the trick and you have to visit the manufacturer website, but this is rare unless you are having a specific issue.

I would not update the BIOS unless once again you are having a specific issue. A botched BIOS update can stop your laptop dead in the water from functioning so I won't do them unless absolutely necessary.

• Christopher2013
    Christopher2013 Member Posts: 2 New User

You have found the correct site to download the drivers, but some of them may not install correctly so keep in mind you can go to the motherboard vendor and retrieve drivers that are specific to that board...good luck

This discussion has been closed.