Filename saving problem

AllanC
AllanC Member Posts: 1 New User

Why does saving a filename with a "b" in it toggle between "Browse" and "Hide" folders?

When typing in the filename, when the lower case "b" key is pressed, the drop down window reduces in size and the "Hide folders" note at the bottom left corner changes to "Browse folders". When the lower case "b" is pressed again, the drop down window returns to the previous size and the note changes back to "Hide folders. The pressing of the lower case "b" toggles the window size and note each time the "b" is pressed.

If an upper case "B" is pressed, the filename is accepted. If the filename is edited outside of Windows 7 and the "B" is changed to a "b", the file is accepted and can be used normally.

This problem has not been happening all the time. It started and now does it all the time leading me to believe that I have pressed some shortcut key combination or some other keybord layout changing key combination. I cannot find any documentation that can explain the problem or the cure.

Can anyone help, please?

PS: I am in Canada and this laptop keyboard has some green markings that could indicate a different keyboard is available, but I cannot find any Acer documentation on this either. It was purchased from Best Buy and their Geek Squad service group is no ehlp either.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.