Enabling bluetooth on Acer Aspire 5745 laptop, Win 7 (64 Bit)

Options
arbj
arbj Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5745-5462G50Mnks

RAM: 6 GB

Bluetooth : BCM92046

I have tried hard for 2 days to get the bluetooth working. All other peripherals are working well, I have installed Broadcom driver (from the drive CD), but a message says the device is not connected. Also Windows does not detect the bluetooth hardware, and is not listed in the device manager listing. I tried using the Fn +F3 key combo to switch ON/OFF the bluetooth/wireless devices but nothing happend when I do this, even the Wireless connection remains enabled.

I know the bluetooth hardware is OK as it is working on Ubuntu 12.04, and I was able to connect to my cell phone.

For some reason I cannot get it working on Windows 7

Please help...

Note: the laptop originally did not come with any operating system, I installed Ubuntu 10.04 and was working vey well.

thanks

a

Answers

• rodgesnyder
    rodgesnyder Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. My PC is ACER V5 571P-6815 and has Windows 8 Pro installed. When we bought it it had Windows 8 Home Edition and after upgrading to Windows 8 Pro, Bluetooth disappeared from the Device Manager list. 

Acer has driver for Bluetooth for Windows 8 on their support page but it doesn't work. It seems like the driver works only on Windows 8 Home edition not Windows 8 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.