Do Iconia tab a200 and a210 have the same screen/digitizer?

Options
Glubi
Glubi Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi !

(I'm french, sorry for my Engish)

I just bought an Acer Iconia Tab A210, for €250, and I didn't took the €100 waranty.

It was a bad idea, I broke the glass (digitizer), two weeks later.

On the internet, we can find some replacement screen for $90, it's a great deal...

But they are designed for Iconia Tab a200, not explicitly for the a210.

Is it the same part? Is there any difference between those two models, other than the CPU?

Thanks !

Answers

• cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Options

I can't say for sure but to me it looks like they are the same display.

• Glubi
    Glubi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I had a (relatively) bad experience with a simmilar case :

The battery of my Sony NWZ S639 wasn't the same than a NWZ S638.

I bought a $10 replacement battery that didn't match my walkman.

That wasn't a big deal, but the models were pretty much the same (except the storage : 16Go instead of 8Go)

A useless $10 replacement battery, it wasn't a big deal...

But a useless $90 digitiser, it's something else.

• malodents
    malodents Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Take an extra insurance for mobile/tablet, wait few weeks and apply your assurance warrently... :-)

Prends une assurance mobile/tablette, attends un peu et déclare le sinistre. Même si c'est un engagement d'un an, on trouve des assurance à 6-9 E par mois, ça revient au même que ton écran de remplacement.

• derekschroer
    derekschroer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

The Digitizer for the Iconia A200 and A210 is different. Uses a different connector, which is only included when you buy the Digitizer/LCD unit. I bought both the A200 Digitizer and LCD, for my A210 as a unit. It connects fine, but the digitizer doesn't work because the hardware is different. I believe it's a Driver issue.

• jhwepplo
    jhwepplo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I did same thing: replaced A210 screen with A200 screen and digitizer.  Is driver for this digitizer available?  compatible?  where to look? 

This discussion has been closed.