This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
frannyjunk

Dim screen on Acer One D255E-13647

[ Edited ]

My netbook starts up but the screen is extremely dark. In sunlight, I can see the images faintly ... appears backlight is out. Has the LED LCD screen gone bad? I can hook it up to en external monitor and the external monitor works just fine. Just nothing on the netbook's LCD. Any ideas on how to fix?

P.s.  BIOS was updated, so not a BIOS issue

Frequent Contributor
st3ph3nnity

Re: Dim screen on Acer One D255E-13647

I had a similar problem whereby the brightness level would even reduce before my eyes as I set it in the adjusting screen settings...even wiped the hard drive and re-installed the whole OS and it still was the same after a short while...then one day it fixed itself with no updates or anything...but...it may just need resetting so have you tried to reset the brightness in the power options ? ...click on the battery icon in the right hand tray bar by the volume etc to reset.

ssk
Established Member
ssk

Re: Dim screen on Acer One D255E-13647

It seems to be a back light issue . contact technical support to schedule repair.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: