Can we Lock on the Function Keys on M5

Options
fritzphoto
fritzphoto Member Posts: 7 New User

Is there a way to turn the function keys (such as sleep, volume, brightness, mute, etc) on, so we don't have to hit Fn+key to use these controls?  The F keys are useless anyhow, so I'm not sure why we can't access the functions first.  I've searched the internet and not found a way to do this on an Acer.  Other brands let you either lock the Fn on with a keystroke, or in the bios.  

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

no way to lock functions on keyboard, then regular keys not work

• fritzphoto
    fritzphoto Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Other brands allow you to switch which has priority: the FN or the original key.  I want to know if we can do this on Acer.  It's stupid to have to press Fn every time you want to use a function, especially since most of them are on keys you don't use any how (the F keys).

• ciclosis
    ciclosis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello all,

I have recently purchased Aspire V5 and I'm extremely happy with the product.

I have one issue: When I connect Logitech WiFi Keyboard and Mouse, the Laptop Keyboard is malfuncioning. 

For Example: If the WiFi Keyborad is connected and if I want to use only the Laptop Keyborad the keys are not funcioning properly. If I press letter "o" it shows 6 and if I press letter "I" it shows 5

Can you please help me to solve this issue so that I can use both the WiFi Keyboard and Laptop Keyborad simultaneously?

Thanks and best regards,

Ciclosis

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

sound like a Num Lock or embedded keypad issue but V5 does not have those keys overlapped like old system

• ciclosis
    ciclosis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello friend,

Thanks. Yes the Number lock was on. Pressing Fn+F12 worked fine and now I can use my Laptop keyborad w/o any issues.

Have a great day.

This discussion has been closed.