2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
jondavies

Can I downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 on a new acer laptop?

I am looking to upgrade my current Acer laptop with a new one. However, I notice they come with Windows 8 installed and this keeps getting dreadful reviews.

Is it possible to either order one with Windows 7, or downgrade from 8 to 7 after purchase?

Many thanks

Contributing Member
techman707

Re: Can I downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 on a new acer laptop?

It's probably easier and CHEAPER to just buy the computer with Windows 7 already installed than trying to downgrade (some manufacturer do offer a downgrade path).  Many models with Windows 7 are identical to current models with the exception of having Windows 7 instead of Win 8....and actually probably are a little cheaper to buy.

Frequent Visitor
jondavies

Thanks for the advice. I was looking to buy a brand new V3 i7 laptop but Acer only seem to supply Windows 8 pre installed on their new stuff now. So many people have issues with Windows 8 that I don't think it's a system that I'm going to enjoy using so I think I'll look for a different make.
swills

OK, so I have '8' did not like it, but have downloaded 2 programmes "Skip Metro Suite" and 'Classic Shell"  both are good free progs, so get the benefits of 8, and the look of '7' and it makes life a lot, lot easier.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: