Can I change the wireless card in Aspire S3-391? Sick of problems

Nate82
Nate82 Member Posts: 2 New User

The first wireless issue was the "limited" connection I kept getting even when I had the laptop right next to my Asus rt-n56u router. After disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi on the laptop 5-10 times it would finally stay connected and not go to "limited".

I installed the latest driver from Acer (WirelessLAN - Atheros - Wireless LAN Driver - v10.0.0.263) for Windows 8.1 and now the connection is just ridiculously slow. I have a 25Mbps cable connection and running a speed test on the S3-391 downstairs gives me 400kbps while my phone on the same wireless connection (same spot in my house) gets 15-20Mbps. Obviously something's wrong with the wireless cards in Acer's laptops because all I see are people complaining about them on this forum.

My Question: Is it possible to install an aftermarket wireless card in the S3-391? I read somewhere that the one in this laptop is soldered on, I haven't open it to check yet.

Has anyone fixed the wifi issue with the S3-391's? Have you found a perfect driver that 100% works with no drops and no slow speed? Looking for some help of any kind.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.