2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
patagriff

Broadcom 802.11 wireless adapter driver for Acer Aspire 5515.

[ Edited ]

My Acer Aspire 5515 has a Broadcom94312MCG 802.11 wireless adapter. I installed Windows 8 and need a driver for this device. However, Broadcom says I must get the driver from Acer. I entered my SNID at Acer's support website. I must enter my OS, but Windows Vista is the most recent selection on the list. When I select Vista, I am offered 3 choices of wireless adapters, none of which are Broadcom.

The available wireless adapter drivers to download are Ralink, Foxconn and Atheros.

My question is where can I find an updated driver for this Broadcom adapter, preferably a driver for Windows 7 or 8 (32 bit)? 

It is working with the universal driver supplied by Microsoft, but erratically. I cannot help but think the device would perform less erratically with a driver specifically intended for use with this device,

Thanks in advance for the suggestions anyone may provide.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Broadcom 802.11 wireless adapter driver for Acer Aspire 5515.

It is not necessary to enter a serial number to access the Drivers page.  Simply enter your model or use the selection windows to choose your model.

The Aspire 5515 is not a supported model for Windows 8 support.

Windows 8 Upgrade Offer page:
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows-upgrade-offer

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: