Brand new Inspire M5 series from Best Buy (model z09 or M5-481PT-6488) -- NEED RECOVERY ISO/DVD !!

Options
amd599
amd599 Member Posts: 1 New User

Just purchased a brand new Inspire M5 from Best Buy. Upgraded the hard drive to a solid state drive and tried to recover with the acer recover tool -- it put all the files on a USB stick but then never worked. I'm just looking for an ISO of the recovery CD/DVD. Acer wanted $20 and 10 days !! That is CRAZY.

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Good day

If you purchase the machine and it had Windows 8, you need to have the flash drive on FAT32 file system in order for the factory default backup to run successfully. Software is sold as is from day one and acer will charge you.

Regards,

Freeza

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Oh yes, just to add on that...I actually cloned my HDD to my SSD using Bart PE...Took about 8 minutes to clone.

Regards,

Freeza

• recondoc
    recondoc Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Wouldn't let me clone to my SSD due to it being smaller than the 500g HD. SSD was 256g.  Had to do a complete clean install and reload all drivers.  Works great now and lightning fast.

Thinking about doing a Windows 8 upgrade as I tried it before and didn't like some of the results.  Now that I have a SSD, I think it may run better.

This discussion has been closed.