Black screen... Please help!

Options
lilyella_83
lilyella_83 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5552 and today the screen just blacked out and hasn't returned since... The hard drive and WiFi lights are on, as is the power lights. There are sounds coming from it so it sounds as though its coming on but screen is black. The screen isn't as black as it is when it is off though... There's a faint back light there but absolutely nothing on the screen. I've removed the battery and power cable, held power button for a few minutes and tried rebooting again with battery, and separately with just the power cable but still nothing. I tried plugging it in to my tv via the hdmi cable, hoping for it to show on the tv screen but still nothing. Can anyone suggest anything? In a few days I will be trying the bios download but was hoping for a quicker solution and something that isn't going to delete all the stuff I have on there... Thanks

Answers

• lilyella_83
    lilyella_83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Went into a pc world store today to he told that my laptop has a hardware problem. So I have another question, does anyone know if it is the motherboard or if its likely to be another problem? Don't want to send it off to be repaired if its going to be cheaper to buy a new one. Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.