Black Acer Aspire V7-582PG? And can I get it in Sweden?

Options
M_Engdahl
M_Engdahl Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi!

Im looking to get one of these, but is it possible to get the SSD version in black, not silver?

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Man, that's a nice machine if you can get one. You cannot design an Acer laptop. They make a very wide variety, with many variations within each type, and then you take your pick. Acer has various online stores that you can order this model from. I'm afraid that "cold steel" is the only color I can find, but you can always ask.

You could try going to a store that sells Acer products, write down the model numbers, go home, and look them up on the web. That's what I did in the US, and I was always happy with what I got.

• M_Engdahl
    M_Engdahl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

HEya!

Yeah, Ive looked around and it seems the none-ssd version can be found in black, but not the SSD version :-(

http://www.proshop.se/Barbar-Dator/Acer-Aspire-V7-582PG-74501252tkk-2413029.html

Now for the next question: is it easy to replace the caching ssd in this version with a normal one? And, does these notebooks have mSATA connectors?

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Welcome back, Engdahl. No, it isn't easy to replace the caching SSD with a regular SSD, and I'll explain why.

PROBABLY, your installation disk is on the hard drive, because it contains specific drivers for this laptop. If you were to try installing Windows 8 from an installation DVD, you would lose some of your drivers. Since laptop drivers are more specific than desktop drivers, this is a likely scenario.

If you swap out your HD for another one, you will lose your installation disk. MAYBE you can load the appropriate drivers from Acer, but you have voided your warranty and they are under no obligation to help you.

A disadvantage with laptops is that they are harder to upgrade than desktops. If you don't want a caching SSD, then I would search Acer Online for a different model.

This discussion has been closed.