Battery charging unreliable on Aspire 5253-BZ480

rbg1943
rbg1943 Member Posts: 1 New User

Many times when I plug the AC charger into my Aspire 5253-BZ480 it starts off charging normally -- it beeps and the Taskbar charging icon goes on.  But then, seconds or minutes later, with no wiggleing or moving of the connector, it beeps again, the cTaskbar harging icon goes out, the On/Off switch light and 2 LED's on the front edge start to blink, and the charging has stopped.  Wiggling the charging connector or wires doesn't fix it, but pulling it part of the way out and pushing it back in usually does.  Until the next time.  When the laptop is left totally untouched/unmoved it charges just fine, and when it's got a charge it runs perfectly.  It acts like it's a bad connection, but I can't find it.

Have I got a battery problem? or power supply? even though I can't find it by wiggling all the charging wires and connectors, is it a bad connection?  How can I troubleshoot?

Thanks for your help.

**bleep**

Answers

• jdwaco
    jdwaco Member Posts: 133 Troubleshooter

Your computer is not recognizing the adapter.  Go to the BIOS and reset it or download the original version from acer.com.

Life span for ac adapter or battery should be 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years depending on usage.  

This discussion has been closed.