This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
kthbarker

Battery charging problem

[ Edited ]

I have an Acer Aspire 5542 purchased December 2009 and in the last few months have had problems with battery charging. I get error messages saying "Plugged in not charging" or "Plugged in charging" but the battery indicator does not move except for a few seconds when I first switch on. I have just purchased a replacement battery but the problem remains. I have seen suggestions that I might need to upgrade my BIOS to fix this, if so how do I do that. Any other help would be appreciated. Acer premium helpline tell me I can update the BIOs which is currently Phoenix v. 1.03 but it would be at my own risk! Three possible Bios upgrades are suggested on the Acer website.

I am running Windows 7 Professional.

Established Contributor
ThV5k

Re: Battery charging problem

Hello,

Have you ruled out hardware problem. Is adapter working correctly and is the entry point of adapter not faulty (loose or bent pins).

Other choice is to check with your regional support center for servicing if you are not sure about doing a BIOS update if that is the issue rather than a material issue.

Good day

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: