Aspire laptop Win 8 Folder

msbooch809
msbooch809 Member Posts: 5 New User

Looking for Favorites File in Windows 8 so I can download to use on other computer.  I have tried a search with no luck.  Where the system is located in program files might be a start but not there either.  Is there a folder similar to Doc & Settings in Windows 8?  Any help would surely be appreciated.

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Msbo

I'm really not sure, but you could do a search of your C: for Favorites.  One never knows what will turn up.

Leho

• Leho

Msbo

My curiosity was aroused so I did a little more looking on my computer.

First I double clicked my user name icon on the desktop. Up popped a directory with a Favorites folder.

I was also able to find it by:

Computer,

left menu select Desktop,

select your user name folder,

Select Favorites.

Leho

• msbooch809
    msbooch809 Member Posts: 5 New User

I found the favorites in Windows 8 with no trouble.  However the FAVORITES I am referring to are INTERNET FAVORITES.  The list of links to my favs on the internet.  On my desktop I could click on Doc and Settings and find the folder called Favorites and the folder contained all my internet links.  This is using Internet Explorer which is the internet source which is what is used on my laptop as well.  I am still looking for my INTERNET FAVORITES.

• Leho

Msbo

That is exactly what I am finding with that path, my internet favorites including the favorites bar. Don't really understand why your Win 8 would be different.

Leho

This discussion has been closed.