This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

mc
Regular Visitor
mc

Aspire: how to screen resolution?

The card on my Aspire 5742G shows that the best resolution is 1366x768.  Any suggestions how I can improve this (eyes straining - must be my age).  Would a quality external monitor offer any improvement or am I restricted to this setting?  Is changing the graphic card an option?  Thanks for your advice.  MC

Leader
Vince53

Re: Aspire: how to screen resolution?

MC, I looked up your rig, and you have a video card that concentrates on speed, making it suitable for high-end games if you lower their resolution. And of the three reviews I found, one did point out that you might have to lower the resolution.

But if you're not playing high-end games, your video card is more than adequate. I suspect that the size of your monitor is the real problem and a larger, external monitor will help. But I have another surprise solution, that an eye doctor told me.

Eyeglasses are not meant for close work. He told me that I could read fine if I took my glasses off. Even when I have new glasses, I find that I can see my monitor better without them. This applies to both my laptop and my desktop.

Hope this helps.
mc
Regular Visitor
mc

Re: Aspire: how to screen resolution?

Vince 53,  Thanks for the input.  Tried glasses off and it was a struggle so I will go with a larger monitor.  I may even upgrade the graphics card (if that's possible) if the resolution doesn't improve.  MC

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: