This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

New User

Aspire X1200 can't find wifi connection

I have an Aspire X1200 desktop with Vista Home Premium that my mother recently gave me and I can't get it to connect to a wifi connection. My laptop shows the connection and connects, my Acer desktop however, does not. I downloaded and installed the drivers from Acer's support site and I even restored my Aspire back to Factory settings and it still can't connect. Do I need to buy a Windows 7 or 8 upgrade to fix this problem?

Overclocked Contributor

Re: Aspire X1200 can't find wifi connection

do you have wireless card in desktop device manager

uninstall reinstall card

New User

Re: Aspire X1200 can't find wifi connection

I reset my desktop to factory settings, so uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers/card won't work. I've tried that before the reset, to no avail.

I guess it will be easier and cheaper to just buy a wireless adapter. I really don't want to spend 100 some-odd bucks to upgrade Windows.

Service and Support Videos

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member? Register
Member Highlight

Member RevoMaxx is quickly moving up the ranks of Acer Community.   He joined us in September and is already making a difference.   It's great to see new members like him make a difference only after a few months.
Thanks RevoMaxx!

Skilled Fixer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages:

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click below on the continue button, you agree to our use of cookies. Please click here if you would like to find more information about these cookies or change your cookie settings.