This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
rnz87

Aspire X1200 can't find wifi connection

I have an Aspire X1200 desktop with Vista Home Premium that my mother recently gave me and I can't get it to connect to a wifi connection. My laptop shows the connection and connects, my Acer desktop however, does not. I downloaded and installed the drivers from Acer's support site and I even restored my Aspire back to Factory settings and it still can't connect. Do I need to buy a Windows 7 or 8 upgrade to fix this problem?

Leader
HK53T

Re: Aspire X1200 can't find wifi connection

do you have wireless card in desktop device manager

uninstall reinstall card

Regular Visitor
rnz87

Re: Aspire X1200 can't find wifi connection

I reset my desktop to factory settings, so uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers/card won't work. I've tried that before the reset, to no avail.

I guess it will be easier and cheaper to just buy a wireless adapter. I really don't want to spend 100 some-odd bucks to upgrade Windows.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: