Aspire V5-571PG - Graphic Drivers "not Compatible"

Options
locua
locua Member Posts: 1 New User

I installed win7 on my Aspire V5-571PG. Everything is fine but I can not install any nvidia or Intel graphic drivers. 

The error message is that "the laptop does not meet minimum requirements". The graphic drivers default to MS drivers which has very little performance and seem to drain my battery (within 1.5 hours) .

Any Idea how to solve this issue ?  

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Crud, Bud, I looked up your rig--that's not a laptop, that's a monster!

Anyway, your laptop came with Windows 8 installed. Most Win 8 computers fall into one of two types: they are Win 7 machines that are upgraded, or they were built from the ground up for Win 8. Yours seems to be the latter case, which means that the architecture of the CPU is designed for Windows 8, not Win 7.

Despite the horror tales you hear, getting used to Win 8 is simple. On the Start Page, drag the Desktop icon to the top left. From now on, whenever you press the Enter Key, you will go to the desktop. On the Desktop, install the free Classic Shell Start Button, and it will work like Win 7 and XP, only faster.

Driver compatibility is more difficult on laptops than on desktops. If you can get back to Windows 8, I advise you to do so.

This discussion has been closed.