2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

chillout23

Aspire V3 731 4649 Dolby Home Theatre v4 driver...cannot find!

Hi there :smileyhappy:

I'm new one here and just need to ask 1 question :smileyhappy: My friend came from USA to Croatia and brought me Aspire V3 731 4649, but forgot all papers (brand new laptop from newegg)...is CD part of the package or not? I can't find this answer anywhere..

Want to install Windows 7 64-bit but can't find Dolby Home Theatre drivers anywhere?!?

Thank you

chillout23

Re: Aspire V3 731 4649 Dolby Home Theatre v4 driver...cannot find!

I found this on Dolby.com: Dolby Home Theater v4 is designed into select PC models and is not available for direct purchase or download.

So...what now about that? What can I do?

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Audio drivers are available from our website:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

chillout23

Yeah I know that :smileyhappy: but there's no Dolby Home Theatre sound driver. You need to know that :smileyhappy:

I installed Win7 Pro 64-bit but i can't install DHT sound driver because I can't find it anywhere...now i have just usual sound driver on my laptop.

So what is the point with DHT speakers in that case??

Regards

chillout23

There's no any answer? :smileyhappy:

chillout23

Hey Tommy...you work for Acer and you can't give me answer for this question? Or anybody from Acer? Just simple question...but without answer?

Visitor
ddeben1

Download the audio driver for the device and unzip it. The Dolby Home Theater v4 application installer can be found in a folder named "PCEE4" and the install executable is "DolbyHomeTheater.msi". Don't bother with "DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi" because it appears to just be a dumbed down version of DHTv4.
Took me a while to find this out myself, hopefully you see this since your post was only a month ago.

Visitor
Sirusuk

thanks for this just wiped my lappy and installed win8 enterprise had to to do some searching your a star dude kudos added

Visitor
suraiz29

it works fine thanx a lot!

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: