This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

darkveg

Aspire V3 471g Windows 8 OEM Recovery

Hi.

can someone help me?

I just bought a acer aspire v3 471g windows 8 single language oem notebook. A friend of mine managed to screw up my new laptop. I was not able to create back factory default using a 16gb flash drive.

I was attempting to restore my laptop to its out-of-the-box factory settings. 

The problem is while attempting to create a backup first hand, the erecovery management wont allow me because it says the hard drive configuration was not set. Recovery Aborted/

I got frustrated.

I entered BIOS chose LEGACY BIOS and enable D2D Recovery. In order to use Alt+F10 feature because I dont have a backup image or flash drive. 

While trying to use alt+F10 "It says cannot find bootable device." Im aware I have a 15gb oem push button reset partition. Why it ss not working??????

It seems the recovery partition is locked... not configured or something.

I just want to restore it to its factory settings....... tnx

Contributing Member
Allan_Rozario

Re: Aspire V3 471g Windows 8 OEM Recovery

Hi darkveg,

Refer the article on reseting the acer latop to factory setting. Hope this helps!

#Thanks and Regards,
Allan_Rozario

I do not work for ACER.
Owner of Acer ASPIRE 5733.
darkveg

Tnx for the reply pal,

The problem is when I opened the image of the recovery partition I cant find aimdrs.dat or the mbrwrwin.exe and rtmbr.bin. Theres no password.

Sometime ago I used the windows 8 "Reset PC Settings" from boot but it says the windows partition cannot be accessed. It seems its locked or something.

I used R-Drive Image Software to create an image of the recovery partition.

A folder named RecoveryImage contains a 'OEM folder and install.wim file (12.9gb).e 

other information:

It seems I cant even reformat this unit. Cant do dual booting. The BIOS is in UEFI and the D2D Push Button can only b seen if its in Legacy Bios. 

I

firefoot007

hi darkveg

i am also going through the same problem. i have push button reset partition intact but cant restore nor make backup through acer recovery and alt+f10 does not work for me.

actually i used eauses partition master to partition my hdd and i have now reverted back to default configuration but still no luck. 

did u find any solution?

firefoot007

i have found a sol if u need it then pm me.

Frequent Visitor
amirahlisle

I have the same problem..:mansad:

Frequent Visitor
rickytran

Can you show me the solution the problem?

Frequent Visitor
MhadzCao03

how?? i also have that problem... i can't restart it .. what to do?

darkveg

Hi guys,

I was able to solve my problem by external means. I went back to the Acer Store where I bought my notebook. The only solution was:

"Created a recovery flash drive taken from another unit with same model and version."

After that, I inserted the recovery flash drive and booted from it, then I was given the options for restore factory settings.

You must boots from the recovery flash drive.

That was it.

I hope that helps!

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: