Aspire S7-391-53314G12aws

Cromoglic
Cromoglic Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,

Got my brand new S7-391 today, turned it on according to the manual (plugged in the cord first, then flipped open the lid), followed the on-screen instructions and started using it. The first thing I noticed was crackling from the speakers; sound/music was barely audible over the noise, and when turning off the music (Spotify), the crackling would linger for a while, then fade out. I tried with a headset, but experienced the same result. I installed the updates from the LiveUpdate manager without problem, rebooted the PC, but the sound issue was not resolved. I searched for new drivers, but couldn't find any. I tried rebooting again (via the software button), and got a IRQL_not_less_or_equal BSOD. The computer rebooted by it self, and powered up as normal. I decided to turn it off (again via the software off button) and wait until I had time to search online for a solution. A few hours later, the PC wont power on. I tried opening the lid, but nothing happened. I've tried the physical power button a billion times - no result. Connecting the power cord gives an amber light in the battery indicator, but that's it. No sound, screen change nor power light. I have tried the battery reset button with a pin, which changes the battery indicator to blue for a few seconds, but it doesnt help. Nothing helps. In terms of software changes, all I did was install VLC media player and the two suggested updates from the LiveUpdate manager (wifi and theft shield). The PC has not been exposed to extreme heat or cold, not been dropped, exposed to water or humidity, magnets nor suffered any damage. It was never powered off during updates or installation. The box did not appear to have been damaged nor tampered with on it's way to my house. I have not connected any peripherals, external monitors, SD cards or anything. I never touched the BIOS. There is no reaction, what so ever, when I press the power button or open the lid. There were no lightning strikes nor power spikes while the PC was plugged in. I did not visit any dangerous websites while it was working. I bought the PC in Norway, from a trusted dealer. Noone else have been operating the computer.

Anyone?:-p

Answers

• Cromoglic
    Cromoglic Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am by the way running win 8
  • nirmalv
    nirmalv Member Posts: 9 New User

Sounds like a hardware fault. You should take it back to the place your brought the computer from....

This discussion has been closed.