2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
psyferre

Aspire 8730-6951 Windows 7 64bit launch manager cannot change volume?

I have an Aspire 8730-6951 that I upgraded to Windows 7 64bit shortly after purchasing two years ago.  I had some trouble finding a lunch manager that would work with Windows 7 but eventually found a source.  I recently re-installed and now I can't find a compatible version. 

I've installed version 3.0.0 from the support page for the 8730G, which mostly works, but attempting to change the volume causes the slider to jump erratically. 

Does anyone have a source for a launch manager that will actually work?

Valued Leader
freeza

Re: Aspire 8730-6951 Windows 7 64bit launch manager cannot change volume?

Good day

Aspire 8730/G/Z use the same parts as Aspire 8530G. Download and try the launch Mananger for Aspire 8530G. Also download the bios for Aspire 8730 and update it.

Regards,

Freeza

Visitor
psyferre

Re: Aspire 8730-6951 Windows 7 64bit launch manager cannot change volume?

Thank you for your reply.  I've updated my BIOS from the 8730G page and installed the launch manager from the 8530G page.  No change in behavior.  Attempting to change the volume triggers the on-screen display, but the level just jumps erratically in the top 25%.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: