Aspire 5745G different driver versions than listed on your site

WhatThe
WhatThe Member Posts: 5 New User

I have a 5754G and I recently recovered it (full restore) from the recovery partition (Alt+F10).

The drivers which have been installed do not match those listed on the support web site - the installed drivers are newer than those listed - is this a problem?

Realtek High Definition Audio - 6.0.1.6141

Nvidia GeForce GT 430M - 8.17.12.5997

Is this strange - given you can't download these driver versions for this model from the support site.

Also should this laptop have Intel HD video or just the discrete Nvidia card ?

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• ThV5k
    ThV5k Member Posts: 327

Tinkerer

Hello,

If you are concerned with the driver download you performed it might be good to uninstall and then use the driver download site from Acer:

Driversfor of Acer  systems are available on regional Driver Download pages.

US Site: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Your unit specifications will inform you about the video the following website gives specifications to be as follows http://www.cnet.com/laptops/acer-aspire-5745g-5844/4505-3121_7-34158510.html You may want to check your unit with your serial number for specifics on your unit.

Good day

• WhatThe

I did not perform any driver download.  The drivers installed via the recovery partitiion do not match those listed on the Acer website for this particualtr laptop model.  My question is, why would the drivers in the recovery partition not match those listed and available for download - in particular, the drivers are newer then those listed on the website.  It does not make any sense.

• WhatThe

Thanks for the cnet link but they do not seem to have anything for Acer Aspire 5745G-7744G50Mnks - I can't seem to find the detailed specs listing on the Acer site either.

• WhatThe

So no ideas then ?  Anyone ?

This discussion has been closed.