Aspire 2nd motherboard gone, out of warranty, no customer support

tara4700
tara4700 Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased an Acer Aspire desktop computer in Dec. 2011, we have a seasonal business & computer is used minimally 6 months of the year, 8 months after purchase the motherboard went & was replaced under warranty.  This meant me being without a computer for approx. 2 months.  I was under the understanding the motherboard would have a year warranty which as I have come to find out it doesn`t, pretty much 8 months after new motherboard was replaced it has gone again.  A tech person I have had look at it wonders if there is a fault with the system or motherboard, causing them to go.  I cannot contact any live person at Acer, because it is out of warranty from date of purchase no one will speak to me.  I have called 10+ phone numbers trying and have gotten this information from their third party tech company.  I am frustrated and upset that I haven`t any customer support from Acer.   They offer a support I need to pay for.  I now need to replace the motherboard or purchase a new system.  

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Tara

Just for interest's sake, what desktop model do you have?

You say seasonal use. Under what climatic conditions is your desktop stored in, out of season?

Considering the margin on sales, I can understand (although not necessarily agree with) Acer's lack of useful support.  My experience with support was that they were there to achieve "Up and Running" only and not for telling me how to use a particular Acer feature on the computer.

Hence the usefulness of this  Forum.  However, complaining here about perceived failures and unresponsiveness by Acer is not going to help. None of the participants is in a position to alleviate change. We just, within our competence,  offer advise for overcoming software or hardware problems.

Acer has apparently made the corporate decision that it is to their overall benefit to not supply useful after warranty customer service. They may lose some repeat business but presumably new sales outnumber the lost sales.  It is called maximizing profits, which one can not really fault a corporation for.

Probably best for you to deal with a knowledgeable local computer repair shop.

Leho  

This discussion has been closed.