This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Contributing Member
TheACN

Anyone know what is Dritek RF button?

Hi,

I've just noticed that a new driver has been released for Aspire S7-391 with the name as Dritek RF Button. Just out of curiosity, what is it?

Thanks in advance.

Acer Technician
Acer-Travis

Re: Anyone know what is Dritek RF button?

Some models feature a built in RF receiver.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

k1
k1

What can we do with it?  Can we connnect an RF keyboard or mouse?

Visitor
Chickenfloss

This is fairly old, but I am kind of curious myself. I am pretty sure the RF "Button" is the button that you use to switch your radio bands off with for airplane use or whatever the case. Usually laptops have a switch on the front and you flip it and wifi, bluetooth, and all other RF emitters disable.

However, my laptop doesn't have one(outside from windows 8 software option) and I had a driver update for it recently and thus here I am.

Established Member
saulo

[ Edited ]

I've also found this Dritek RF Button software preinstalled on my new Acer.

Is it really necessary this driver/software in Windows 8? What is it?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: