Acer w700 stuck at acer logo

snow755
snow755 Member Posts: 27 New User
My acer w700 is. Stuck at the acer logo it's been like that for 1hr or more am going to get a USB. Cable so I can restore it uesing a laptop but I will have too wait intell it runs out of power Wish I hop is soon

Answers

• snow755
    I have try. Ever thing form a hard reset the tablet won't even turn off When I hit the power thing so am going to have to wait in tell this runs out of power. This thing is this forzes at the acer logo
  • Happyboy
    Happyboy Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter

Try holding the power key down for a long time - over a minute - that may turn it off.

• snow755

got it back up in runing  dos any one no how too make a USB recovery on this .thing?

• Yorrickske
    Yorrickske Member Posts: 1 New User

How did you fix this problem.. I'm having the exact same thing.. no hard power off, nothing!

• Martijn
    Martijn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Guess let it run out of power then. Wish there was a solution. Mine is stuck with a black screen and the blue charging led on.
  • 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

This might not get you back into Windows, but if you're stuck and can't turn it off, use the hardware reset button.

To hardware reset, use a paper clip and insert it into the pin hole under the Windows button. This pin hole under the Windows button is the actual hardware reset button made for situations like this (it is equivalent to pulling the battery). Do NOT insert anything to the pin hole on the left next to the HDMI port, that is the mic.

When you press the hardware reset button, the W700 will shut off and you'll be able to power it back on with the power button.

• Martijn
    Martijn Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks, it worked perfectly for me. I thought reading the manual wasn't needed. It's in there. One microphone and one reset. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.