Acer vs. Gateway

Options
Cwillingham
Cwillingham Member Posts: 1 New User

Twelve years ago I purchased an Acer Aspire 9410-4933. After it had gone through 2 home fires and a flood I was afraid it would die soon and bought a Gateway.

Within one year the Gateway burnt itself up in the power connection. I was told it would cost $80.00 just to look at it plus whatever it cost to get it fixed. I am on disability and don't have $80.00 just to have someone look at the Gateway and tell me what's wrong.

I pulled out my old faithfull Acer and have been using it ever since. What laptop do I recommend, Acer of course.

Answers

• omaudio
    omaudio Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have a Gateway and Acer was actually the manufacturer. It is possible yours is the same. Check the BIOS and info from CPUz.

• ThV5k
    ThV5k Member Posts: 327

Tinkerer

Options

Hello,

Acer purchased Gateway some five years ago.  The models sold are all Acer brand products now but the name Gateway was kept for certain products.

Good day.

• traveler
    traveler Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I purchased my 1st acer 3 years ago and that is exactly how long it lasted.  1 year past warranty and the hard drive is going.  There support stinks and cannot find help anywhere.  Will not buy another Acer, any suggestions ?

This discussion has been closed.