Acer desktop - black screen on startup

Options
Silentbob004
Silentbob004 Member Posts: 1 New User

Ok, first I want to say hello to everyone as this is my first post here. I have been an Acer fan for quite some time now with absolutely not problems, until recently. I know you have all seen this question before but I have not found a working solution yet. It is an Acer Aspire AM1100-B1410A as it came out of the box, no upgrades or additions. When I hit the power button, the blue light indicator comes on, fan runs and I hear all of the normal sounds I would hear as if it is running normal but the monitor only shows a black screen. I do not get a "No signal detected" and the light on the monitor stays amber in color. I have swapped 3 different monitors, all with the same effect. Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated. I know how to run a computer well, but am an amateur when it comes to diagnosing problems. If any more information is needed I would gladly give it. Thank you in advance!

Answers

• RChan
    RChan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My Acer Aspire Z5700 has been doing this for a while now. It would take 3 to 5 attemps to boot up before I get a windows login screen. I get a black screen upon bootup and I hear the windows startup music. However, I get no video, just a black screen. I reboot and gets the same thing. Finally after 4-5 tries rebooting I see the Windows logo and able to log into Windows. Would appreciate some assistance. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.