2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
steve1

Acer aspire one 532h battery wont charge how to update bios?

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer aspire one 532h battery wont charge how to update bios?

Why are you needing to update the BIOS?

Please review this article:

BIOS Update frequently asked questions

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
steve1

I read that it will fix my battery issue, I can't get my battery to charge. Should I just replace the battery?
Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Where did you read this? 

I'm not seeing it in any of the descriptions on the BIOS downloads.

There are more components to the power system than just the battery, including the AC adapter, the power board and the mainboard of the system.  I'm unable to tell you specifically why the battery is not charging.  Additional information may make it more likely for a reasonable recommendation.

Does the system power on AC Adapter without issue?

Do you have any lights for the battery on when the battery is plugged in?

Does Windows detect that there is a battery connected?

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
steve1

I read this: If you own an aspire one and have noticed that your battery is not charging it is a problem with the bios on the acer it is not a bad battery. Once your battery has gone totally dead the netbook will not re-charge the battery and you will get a 0% indicator on battery charge. The bios in these needs to be updated to version 3310.

My netbook won't turn on unless the power cord is plugged in, but when it's off and I plug it in the light comes on that it's detecting the battery when its on and off. How would I know if windows is detecting it? The computer is around 4 years old on original battery.
Regular Visitor
steve1

The bios is for these models
AOA110 or AOA150, mines a 532h maybe that's why the bios doesent come up.
Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

That article specifically states it is ONLY for those two models mentioned in the article.

It does NOT apply to the AO532h.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: