This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
asjay1224

Acer V5-431 Error After Install Windows 8

Hi,

I have a Acer Aspire V5-431 which has error after installing Windows 8 Pro, I've tried to update bios, but also got error which ask me to load same bios version (1.xx) currenty (1.16) while the latest version is V2.09. Pls help

Super Contributor
Joshua188

Re: Acer V5-431 Error After Install Windows 8

hello asjay1224, so the V5 shipped with windows 7 HP and you upgraded the unit to windows 8 correct?

“No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri
Regular Visitor
asjay1224

Its a Freedos model, when the windows 8 setup has completed, it will restart and says "PC has ran into problem and needed to restart" "IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Super Contributor
Joshua188

ok, so that error generally means there is a software issue at this point. I would recomend reloading the OEM OS and starting over fresh.

― E.A. Bucchianeri
Regular Visitor
asjay1224

I've tried on 2 new units but encountered the same problem, I fresh installed windows 8 for 5 times already, but still facing same problem, upgrading bios also don't work..

Super Contributor
Joshua188

hmm do the units come with windows 7 from factory?

― E.A. Bucchianeri
Leader
HK53T

From what I've read if it doesn't ship with Windows 8, you're not going to be able to upgrade it to the v2.x BIOS, only the v1.x.

Regular Visitor
asjay1224

It comes with Linpus Linux from factory, I've called acer support and they asked to upgrade the bios of the machine but it seems that this laptop bios can't be upgraded to v2.09. Only can install windows 7..
Super Contributor
Joshua188

I have not seen an Acer V5 ship with linpus installed. From the factory i Belive it should have windows 7 HP 64bit. Anyways what the last post is try the BIOS version should be 1.X not 2.X

― E.A. Bucchianeri
Valued Leader
freeza

Hi guys

There is a possibility the unit is released with Linux. There are EMEA units, especially in the Middle East that are released with Linpus/Linux. You can only update the bios to 1.x. 2.x is only for UEFI bios only.

Regards,

Freeza

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please take a moment to review the latest Community News article to learn about new changes to your community membership.

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: