Acer T232HL Windows 8 BSOD Error 0xAB SESSION HAS VALID POOL ON EXIT

Options
davidjguk
davidjguk Member Posts: 1 New User

HELP FROM OTHER USERS OF THIS MONITOR - PLEASE!!!

Hi All

I purchased this monitor as part of my new Windows 8 new build computer over Christmas 2012.

However, I have a strange problem which seems to be narrowed down and pin pointed to this monitor and therefore need ask all owners of this monitor to do some tests to see if they experience the same errors I am getting in Windows 8. 

Although I had this monitor since November last year, it has taken this time to realise and be 99.9% confident it is a fault with the monitor and not my particular hardware configuration. I will now explain what is going on and please ask other owners to try this on their systems.

After installing Windows 8 on a brand new built system with all the Windows updates, motherboard chipset drivers, graphics drivers and firmware completely updated, I start to use the touchscrren monitor in the normal way.  Everthing works flawlessly until I Sign Out of Windows 8 or Shut Down.

About every three out of five times I sign out or shut down, I get a Bug Check error or the Windows 8 version of a BSOD.  The actual error is a 0xAB or a 'SESSION  HAS VALID POOL ON EXIT' error.  The Windows 8 BSOD is a sad face on its side, i.e. 'Smiley Sad' and the Bug Check error code.  The computer then generates the necessary memory dump files and restarts.

Sometimes, when I go to sign out or shut down, the computer will just reboot without the BSOD but on inspection of the dump files, it is still a SESSION HAS VALID POOL ON EXIT error.

So, now I decided to go about testing various things,  like the memory modules through MEMTEST,  I have awapped the memory modules around and tried different slots and even tried different modules from my wife's computer.  I have also installed just the basic hardware with no add-on cards and all USB devices disconnected, so just the CPU, memory and graphics card installed, but I still get the error.

I then tried disconnecting the monitor's USB cable so effectively losing the touchscreen features and I DON'T get an error! Which is why I am led to believe that the monitor is at fault.  However, just to satisfy if my diagnosis is correct, I first try a different USB 3.0 A to B type cable. RESULT - error returns.

Now get this - I then try connecting my wife's computer with Windows 8 installed and with a completely different hardware setup.  RESULT - the error STILL occurs!!!!!

As you can see, I have tried various combinations and think that my unit is definately faulty in that there seems to be something related to the USB connection even though I tried every single USB port on my system (both USB 2 and USB 3) but still get this error when signing out or shutting down.

I have also tried scouting many community ofrums like this one and I can't find anyone else with this problem which also seems to support my theory that my unit is faulty.

SO THIS IS WHERE YOU GUYS COME IN!!!

Can I please ask ALL owners of this monitor to try doing the sign out and shut down test.  Please understand however that this doesn't happen every single time but at least between 60% and 70% of the time.

I would appreciate everyone's help in this and it will save me a lot of hassle if (god forbid) everyone else is getting this error.

My argument I have with my retailer in the UK  is that they won't replace the monitor because it is four months old and ACER themselves will only repair this monitor.  However, because it has taken this length of time to get responses from Microsoft, ASUS (my motherboard manufacturer) and ACER themselves, I think (in my case) there are mitigating circumstances and therefore should be replaced with a new unit.

For information, here is my hardware installed:

ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM

Intel i7 3.50GHz 3770K Gen.3 Ivy Bridge CPU

16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (2 x 8GB Kit) DDR3 1600 DIMMS

ASUS GT 640 PCIe 3.0 2GB Graphics Card

Samsung 840 PRO 128GB SSD

Thanks in advance to all that will help.

If anyone reading this forum would like to contact me directly 

[edited for privacy]

Cheers

David

This discussion has been closed.